Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Great Church Hunt

Today I woke up with full intentions of finding a church to attend, I had several addresses of churches I had found online and was hopeful. I went to my friend Laura's place in the afternoon to drop off the meat pie and English muffins she had left in my car and stayed for a tea. I explained to her my dilemma of not being able to find a protestant church in Rimouski. I knew that this would be a challenge but didn't realize just how hard that would be. We did some googling and found a few addresses and she graciously offered to join me on my hunt so that I didn't have to go alone.

So the first place we went to was a big old church near Pointe-au-Pere, a small community on the outskirts of Rimouski. We drove over what we thought was the entry, turns out we drove right over the sidewalk into the parking lot - my car handled it quite well. We pulled up to the front of the church and there was a big for sale sign which made both of us sad. Unfortunately, a lot of the churches in Quebec are dying out.

The second place we went to must have a secret entrance like Platform 9 3/4. We had the address right as far as we could tell. The address was 800 Boul. Sainte-Anne; we found 796 and 822 but no 800 (unless it is like Kings Station and I have to run at a wall or something). I was very confused to say the least and was a bit disappointed, it was the one that looked most promising. We even called the phone number listed on their website and couldn't seem to make it go through. So we moved on.

We found four other protestant churches that I thought would be promising. Unfortunately, no. But that is okay.  I believe that the second place exists and for some reason I feel drawn to it but I have to find it first! I must be patient, but to be honest, it is a little difficult. I am so antsy to start going to church, to worship in a room of believers, and to meet more people in Rimouski! God will provide though. I'm sure. 

I'm finishing this post a day later because when I was writing it the first time (on Sunday) I felt very discouraged and frustrated. But after prayers from some lovelies back home and some of my own thinking and praying, I am sure that a lovely church is around the corner ready to welcome me into their family!


No comments: