Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Run And Tell That

Today was a grand day. The drive out to Les Hauteurs and Saint-Gabriel is getting more beautiful every day, the leaves are changing and I appreciate that I get to drive a half hour through God's beautiful creation every morning and evening. Today, I actually took a slight detour on the way home and went up one of the mountain roads. I can't wait until all the colours are changed!

I felt so joyful on the drive home. I had Beckah Shae pumping and my windows open. I couldn't help but smile. A lot. God is so good and so faithful in every way.

The only downside to today was that this awful bug I caught will not go away and I was stubborn this morning and went to work anyway. I took some Dayquil and went on my way, but by 4th period, the students were asking me if I was dying because I was coughing so much. It's sad, but I can't be doing that in class. I could hardly explain things to them until my little fit ended. Once it did though, we did some really fun speaking games around the classroom. One of the favourites was a relay race type of game called "Run and tell that" - they loved it! On the way to the buses at the end of the day, one of my students told another teacher, "We didn't do anything all afternoon. We just played games with Miss Becca! It was so fun!" She told me that she asked him if we were speaking English during the activities. He paused "Oh. Yeah, I guess so!"

It made me so happy to hear this! I loved that my students realized learning could be fun; when the bell went at the end of the day, they weren't ready to leave the classroom. They wanted one more round of the game we were playing! We even had other teachers popping their heads into the classroom to see what was up.. "Just wanted to watch for a minute."  

What an encouraging day! And it proves again how God can overcome the bad stuff and provide the strength and whatever else we need in every situation. 

Now, I have a long weekend to curl up, drink tea, eat soup, and get better.

God is so good :)

No comments: