Thursday, October 20, 2011

Listographer

Last Christmas, a close friend of mine got me one of the most genius books ever made. It is called "Listography". On every page in this book there is a title and below the title - blank lines. I have slowly been filling up my Listography and the point to this book is to have an autobiography in lists. I started this blog post to share my most recent list (I'll share it at a different time) and I got carried away looking through my listography. I want to share one of my favourite lists:

List the best days of your life (in no particular order):

-The day Mom told me she registered me for figure skating.
-Grade 9 grad from Belfast
-The night Dad and I watched "Love Happens"
-That night that Dad let me cry in his arms
-The day that Mom let me skip school and we had a mother/daughter day of shopping and I got a "Kitney Spears t-shirt and yellow biking shorts". I was a cool kid.
-Closing night of Footloose
-Prom day, but because of the progression of "Unproms" that followed.
-The night the old gang went to the Wood Islands lighthouse.
-The time that Lin and I went camp shopping and met "Handbone", and got a sub for a young homeless girl.
-That time that the old gang stayed up all night at Em's chatting about life.
-The day in Guatemala when I met Azucena.
-My 18th birthday.
-Many drives of Mom and I talking about life.
-First day at ABU (long before it was Crandall)
-Every Christmas banquet.
-Seeing Matt the day that Miguel was born.
-Holding Alexia for the first time.
-The day Aaron got home from Afghanistan.
-The night that Aaron, David, and I stayed up late playing cards and Aaron ate one box of KD under 2 minutes.
-Christmas 2010
-The day that Tiff and I ran around Montague doing errands, and made our first trifle.
-Candace's wedding day. 
-The night before Candace and Andrew's wedding at the cottage with great friends.
-Candace's bachelorette. The whole night :P
-Each long car chat with David.
-The night that Em, Sarah, Matt P, Rynier, and I went to Selkirk after the musical.
-When Matthew came to Highfield with me.
-The time in gr 6 when us girls went swimming at the dam.
-"That day" at the beach after my last exams.
-Tadoussac
-The time Em and I just sat in her car talking. 
-Crandall graduation day.
-Chili supper at Ashworth with friends.
-Canada Day 2011 and the night at Victoria Park when we saw Saturn's rings.
-The drive up to Quebec City with Katie.
-The time that Em came to res for the weekend, just her and me.
-Brunch at Cora's with the girls before leaving for Quebec.
-Mom coming to every showing of Footloose.
-My baptism.
-Dinner/movie night with Dad, Mom, and Boo.
-The night at camp it poured and we did the Big Brother challenge. 
-The night that I sat on the steps at the camp beach with my lovely bedrock girls.
-Girls night at camp when everyone went over the broom.
-Spring Banquet 2011
-Last Christmas Eve day when Mom got Dad his snowmobile.
-Mid-summer visit to Ashworth.
-Our Ashworth Christmas, the Christmas paty, the Will & Kate morning.
-Sitting praying on the staircase late at night with Laura Ells.
-Going to Buctouche with my Highfield youth group.
-Callyn's wedding day.
-the day Callyn and I went for manicures and out for lunch.
-Spontaneous trip to beach in my 3rd year in March.
-The time that Callyn made me breakfast in bed when I visited her in Hali.
-Callyn's wedding reception.
-Every night of worship at camp!!

This list is getting really long and in my Listography book I am constantly adding to it as I remember days of loveliness. I'll add to it on here as well as those days pop into my mind. 










1 comment:

Emily said...

:) I remember many of those moment (despite that its your life, not mine.. which only shows how intertwined our lives can be..) and it made my heart warm to remember those times too! thanks for sharing!